It’s been a little while since I blogged, thought I’d share this with you – my easy peasy one bowl(ish) Banana bread/cake/loaf recipe.
Great for non-bakers, first timers and need to do something easy peeps! I find it to be a fail proof, delicious and flexible!
- 2 mashed bananas – over ripe, should be turning dark in colour
- 2 medium eggs
- 4oz butter
- 6oz sugar
- 8oz self raising flour
Option – I love to add white, milk or dark chocolate chips for a chewy gooey chocolatey taste (about 2oz or as much or as little as you’d like)! I’m sat here thinking of anything else that might be good to go in it – maybe walnuts? dried fruit? splash of vanilla extract? White chocolate chips are a hit though!
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Grease a 2lb loaf tin/baking vessel.
- In a bowl soften the butter and add the sugar ‘creaming’ until pale, light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas and eggs to the mix and mix well.
- Add the self raising flour and mix till well combined.
- If you wish, add your chocolate chips/walnuts/vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into baking tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and passes the ‘clean knife’ test – poke a knife in the middle and when it comes out clean, no cake mix then your cake is done!
I don’t have any pictures today but I will add one next time I bake one! Just thought I would share as I have passed this on to a friend recently. Such a handy and easy recipe. Let me know how you get on!
Love and cupcakes,