Since buying Nigella Express several years ago, these have been a staple in my diet! These are my perfect weekend breakfast with turkey bacon and a drizzle of yummy maple syrup. If I want something a little healthier then I chop up some fruit, warm through some blueberry conserve and pour all over. I suspect the sugar content is sky high though!
They’re so easy to make and you can even make up a big batch of dry mix in a jar and use it whenever you want a quick and easy breakfast by just adding the milk and eggs. You probably even have all the ingredients in your cupboards so you have no excuse not to give them a go! Aunt Jemima box mix can go in the bin as of now! Home made all the way baby!
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 15g butter, melted and cooled – a few seconds in the microwave usually does the trick
- 250ml milk
- Extra butter for frying
- Put your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and melted butter. (I usually add a little vanilla here for flavour)
- Put your frying pan on a medium heat and add a teaspoon or two of butter, pour/ ladle mixture. It takes about a minute or so to fry and you know your pancake is done when you see little air bubbles then turn and fry for another 30 seconds or so.