To launch, what better way to start off with other than tips for perfect cupcakes?!
Follow these tips for baking perfect cupcake treats for your friends and family.
1. Fill your cupcake wells 1/2 to 2/3 full. Any more or any less and you’re heading for disaster!
2. Choose the right cupcake baking tin. Good cupcake pans are shiny and on the heavy side.
3. Make it easy to remove the cupcakes from your pan. Either use paper or foil wrappers or spray the individual wells with a nonstick spray.
4. Don’t overmix your batter. This will cause your cupcakes to be rather chewy instead of perfectly moist. Follow the directions in your cupcake recipe.
5. Bring all ingredients to room temperature before mixing your cupcake batter. The items will mix evenly, and the result will be a wonderful cupcake batter.
6. Bake your cupcakes at the proper temperature. Preheat your oven to the correct temperature BEFORE you put your cupcakes in the oven. If your oven cooks food faster at the rear of the oven, then make sure you rotate your cupcake pan halfway through the baking time.
7. Use your favorite cake batter to make cupcakes. Batter for an 8 inch (3) layer cake usually makes 20-24 cupcakes.
8. Test for doneness after the minimum cooking time. If the cupcakes aren’t finished cooking after the minimum time, then place them back in the oven for some additional cooking time. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cook only one pan of cupcakes at a time. If you absolutely have to bake 2 tins of cupcakes at one time, make sure you switch cupcake pans halfway through the cooking time. By this I mean put the bottom pan on the top and move the top pan to the bottom.
10. Cupcakes are best eaten the same day they are made. Undecorated cupcakes can be frozen up to 3 months.
Taken from: http://www.cupcakerecipes.com